- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Punctual and dependable with solid time management abilities
- Deep knowledge of 9-12 ELA content, principles of pedagogy, learning and curriculum design
- Demonstrates responsibility and professionalism in handling a variety of organizational functions
- Ability to multitask as well as to adapt to shifting circumstances
- Acknowledged reputation for integrity and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft and Apple business applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, et. al.), with a solid grounding in educational technology
- Embraces continuous improvement, education and new technologies
- 14 Years in Education
- Performance Management
- Oral/Written Communication
- Product/Skills Assessment
- Data Gathering/Analysis
- Curriculum Planning/Design
- Business/Educational Technology
- Interpersonal Relations
- Tufts University, Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary English, cum laude.
- Tufts University, Bachelor’s Degree in English, magna cum laude.
- Harvard University Extension School, ALB Program in English.
- Mass. State Educator’s Certificate No. 370857, English 8-12, Professional; valid through 2017.
- MELA-O and RETELL Endorsement
- Additional Coursework/PD:
- Studying the Skillful Teacher
- Beyond Classroom Management
- Grammar for Teachers
- Blended Learning in the Classroom
- Tools for Teachers
- Coursera: Virtual Instruction Specialization (In progress)
- Udemy: Introduction to Project Management
Listenwise, Brookline, MA 2016-Present
- Writing web-based lessons based on curated stories from National Public Radio, including scaffolding for ELL learners.
Northwest Education Associates, Portland, OR 2017-Present
- Item writing for CCSS-aligned standardized assessments
A Pass Educational Group, Farmington Hills, MI 2017-Present
- Passage location and item development for CCSS-aligned standardized assessments
Natick High School, Natick, MA 2008-2015
- Taught 9th, 11th, and 12th grade English and elective courses
- Participated in grade and department level decision-making about curriculum, unit design, assessment, and alignment of curriculum to state and national standards
- Engaged in data collection and analysis of student growth
- Applied a variety of educational modalities to develop 21st century skills and college/career readiness
- Differentiated instruction for varied learning styles and language proficiencies
- Applied learning management systems and a wide variety of web-based educational platforms, including Moodle and Schoolworld, Turnitin, Academic Merit, Quia, Google Sites and Google Apps, OpenEd, Vocabulary.com, and others
Salem State College, Salem, MA 2006-2008
- Taught Introduction to American Literary Studies, English Composition, and Basic Writing.
Lynn Classical High School, Lynn, MA 2001-2008
- Taught 9th, 10th grade English and 11th grade English/American Literature, including honors and inclusion classes and a 9th grade reading skills class.
- Early adopter of web-based and multimedia technologies in the classroom.
- Introduced innovative assessment techniques.
- Developed and delivered a reading comprehension strategies workshop for teachers in other disciplines.
- Dean’s List, Tufts University.
- Dean’s List, Harvard University Extension School.
- “Diana’s Pool,” short story; Outbreath Magazine.
- “Not What You Think You See” and “One Step,” short stories commissioned for Pearson Education
- Creative Writing
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Film and Popular Culture
- Emerging Technologies
- Alternative Health
- Human Improvement and Potential